Salt and Pepper Shrimp
Salt and Pepper Shrimp by Apsarakitchen
A lightly seasoned and delicious quick shrimp recipe that will be your favorite appetizer or table pleaser!
2 lb Shrimp
1 1/2 cup Flour
3 tbsp Butter
1 tsp Black Pepper
1 tsp Salt
3 Red or Green Jalapeños
5 chopped Garlic
Canola oil (for frying)
- Wash shrimp. Then dab the shrimp with a paper towel until completely dry. PRO TIP: Oil and water don’t mix - so we do not want any wetness on the shrimp. Drying the shrimp completely will allow a crispy shell.
- Mix the flour and shrimp together well in a bowl.
- Heat oil in a frying pan on high heat. Once oil is hot, add small amounts of shrimp at a time. Fry until crispy and place aside.
- In another frying pan, use low-med heat. Add 3 tbsp butter. Once butter is completely melted, add the jalapeños, black pepper, garlic, and green onions. Stir fry the mix for a few mins, then add salt & pepper.
- Add shrimp. Toss shrimp in the pan to evenly coat with the seasoning.
- Turn off heat then serve immediately.
- Enjoy with Cham Dipping Sauce!
For more great recipes follow Sadie Keo from Apsarakitchen