Vietnamese Empanadas by Danielle in the Kitchen
** these are my measurements but adjust as you please. It's very versatile
1 packet La Salteña.. 20 pieces
1/2 lb minced pork
1 small onion medium diced
1 cup jicama medium diced
1 cup bean thread noodles. Cut into small pieces. I use kitchen shears
Salt and pepper to taste
1 egg of egg wash
1. In a skillet, on med heat, add 1 tbsp oil. Add pork, onion, jicama, and bean thread noodles. Cook everything through making sure that the minced pork in no longer raw. Season with salt and pepper. Wait for it to cool.
2. Once the filling is cool to handle. Take a wrapper and add about 3 tbsp of filling or else much as you like but leave enough dough to crimp.
3. Fold wrapper in half and press together. Make a decorative edge with a fork or to find more instructions on how to fold on YouTube
4. Use a small brush and brush the egg wash over top of empanadas. I found my cute brush @qtwares.
5. Bake on 375° F for 15 minutes or airfry for 10 minutes at 375° or until golden brown. Remember the filling is already cooked through.
Click here to follow Danielle in the Kitchen on Instagram for more delicious meals!