Quick One-Skillet Easy Beef Laab Recipe | Minced Beef Salad
A quick Thai and Lao-inspired beef recipe that is fresh, flavorful, and healthy! It's an explosion with flavor with spicy, sour, sweet, and salty notes in each bite for a great umami. Also makes a great salad protein topping and can be paired with herbs and fresh greens.
- 2 lbs. top sirloin steak
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1 Tbs toasted rice powder
- 2 Tsp Thai red pepper flakes
- 1 Tsp galangal minced
- 4 Kaffir lime leave finely chiffonade (or just use lime zest)
- 1-2 shallots thinly sliced
- 4 stalks scallions/green onions chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/2 bunch mint leaves
- Juice of 1/2 a medium lime
- 2-3 Tbs @chamdippingsauce
- Season steak with salt and pepper. Let it rest for 5 min. Coat grill pan with oil and grill steak to medium rare.
- Thinly slice the steak and then across to small chunks. Add steak to a large bowl and squeeze in lime juice. The lime juice will cook the steak so don’t worry if it looks too rare.
- Add the rest of the ingredients, dress with a generous amount of @chamdippingsauce, toss well and enjoy! Serve with fresh herbs (i.e. mint), cilantro, and lettuce.